Working Toward Completing Phase Milestones
The Levee Improvements Project contractor is currently working toward the following milestones:
- Phase 1 Milestone (Port Royal Avenue to Shorebird Park): End of March 2023
- Phase 2 Milestone (Shorebird Park to San Mateo Bridge): Target Date End of May 2023
- Phase 3 Milestone (North of San Mateo Bridge): Target Date End of July 2023
The contractor is required to open the whole trail for public use by October 2023, with minor correctional items of work to be completed within the phases. January 2024 is the final Project completion date and all activities will be completed by then.
Please continue to visit this website for timeline information as additional details become available.
Once the project is completed, Foster City’s improved levee will protect homes, schools, businesses, and essential City services and infrastructure, for years to come. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as the work is completed!
- With ongoing construction, and an uptick in traffic, safety along Beach Park Boulevard is a top priority. This video is a reminder for drivers, bikers, and pedestrians to follow traffic laws and safety protocols in the area. Watch the Beach Park Boulevard Safety video now.
- Do not jog or walk in the bike lane or the road. Please use the sidewalk provided.
- Please do not remove the k-rail reflectors. Doing so creates unsafe conditions for the community.
- Even when work is not underway in a specific location, it is not safe for the public to be anywhere inside the work zone, and work can move quickly to different areas within the closed portion of the levee and staging areas. DO NOT ENTER any fenced or barricaded areas.
- Motorists are urged to exercise additional caution when driving along Beach Park Boulevard. Enforceable 25 MPH speed-limit signs are up on Beach Park Boulevard.
- Foster City Police have increased patrolling the area to help keep the construction sites secure.
- THE CLOSED, FENCED TRAIL AND STAGING AREAS ARE NOT SAFE FOR THE PUBLIC – TRESPASSING INTO FENCED AREAS IS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES.
Levee Improvements Project Achieves Phase I Interim Milestone Restoring Trail Access from Port Royal Avenue to Shorebird Park
The City of Foster City is pleased to announce the achievement of the Phase I interim milestone for the Levee Improvements Project, restoring public access to the Bay Trail from Port Royal Avenue to Shorebird Park.